Welcome to the ProMED-mail publication list page. Here you will
find various documents and weblinks that make reference to ProMED-mail
or may have been referenced in other areas of the ProMED-mail
- Myanmar Health Facilities - A Google Earth saved
session showing a complete listing of health facilities in
Myanmar (requires Google Earth version 4 or later).
You can download Google Earth from http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
Note for users: From within Google Earth, you can overlay the
path of Cyclone Nargis by entering "cyclone nargis path" into
the 'Fly to' window of Google Earth.
- K. Ben Jebara & A. Shimshony, International monitoring
and surveillance of animal diseases using official and unofficial
sources. Veterinaria Italiana, 42 (4), 431-441.
- Peter Cowen, Tam Garland, Martin E. Hugh-Jones, Arnon Shimshony,
Stuart Handysides, Donald Kaye, Lawrence C. Madoff, Marjorie
P. Pollack, Jack Woodall. Evaluation of ProMED-mail as an
electronic early warning system for emerging animal diseases:
1996 to 2004.
JAVMA, Vol 229, No. 7, October 1, 2006 pp. 1090-1099.
- Madoff L., Cooperation between animal and
human health sectors is key to the detection, surveillance,
and control of emerging disease, IMED 2007 meeting in Vienna,
Euro Surveill 2006;11(12):E061221.4.
- Lawrence C. Madoff and John P. Woodall, The Internet and the
Global Monitoring of Emerging Diseases: Lessons from the First
10 Years of ProMED-mail
Archives of Medical Research, Volume 36, Issue 6, November-December
2005, Pages 724-730
- Lawrence C. Madoff, ProMED-mail: An Early Warning System for
Emerging Diseases, Clinical Infectious Diseases 2004; 39:227–32.
- Woodall, John P. Global surveillance of emerging diseases:
the ProMED-mail perspective. Cad. Saúde Pública.
[online]. 2001, vol.17 suppl. [cited 28 July 2005], p.147-154.
Version (66 kb)
- Woodall, J. Combating Infectious Disease & Toxin Outbreaks,
Natural & Man-made, through the Internet, ©2004 PowerPoint
Document (205 kb)
- Woodall, J. SIM Quarterly, Outbreak meets
the Internet: Global epidemic monitoring by ProMED-mail, June 1997PDF Version (87 kb)
- Stephen S. Morse, Barbara Hatch Rosenberg and Jack Woodall,
Global Monitoring of Emerging Diseases: Design
for a Demonstration Program, Health Policy, 38 (1996) 135-153. PDF
Version (75 kb)
- Stephen S. Morse, Controlling Infectious
Diseases, May 1993PDF Version (28 Kb)
To view the documents in PDF format, you must have Acrobat Reader
installed on your system. Download
a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.